top of page
Consul Building oldsite_edited_edited_edited.jpg

​Honorary Consul
of Germany
Minnesota, North Dakota,
South Dakota,
Western Wisconsin


The Honorary Consul can accept passport applications and is authorized to certify copies of original documents and signatures on certain documents that are submitted to German governmental authorities. German citizens whose passport was stolen or is lost and who want to return to Germany within the next 30 days can obtain a Travel Permit in Lieu of a Passport (“Reiseausweis als Passersatz”) from the Honorary Consul.

Please note that the office of the Honorary Consul does NOT handle visa, immigration, or pension inquiries. We can certify your signature if you want to refuse an inheritance in Germany, but cannot assist with the documentation necessary to evidence your status as the heir of an estate in Germany (“Erbschein”). Please contact the German Consulate General responsible for the state you live in for any of the aforesaid inquiries. You can find the addresses and contact information for all German Consulates General in the US, as well as more information on the aforesaid issues.  CLICK HERE

Please CALL 612.202.7643 or EMAIL if you encounter problems with the booking feature of this website.

Book an Appointment


3550 Lexington Avenue North
Shoreview, MN


Opening Hours

Mon - Sun

By Appointment Only

bottom of page